We all want to give the perfect gift this year, but choosing the right gifts for homemakers can sometimes be a challenge.
She won’t give you a straight answer when you ask what she wants, or maybe she really just doesn’t know what to tell you. Let me help take the stress out of Christmas shopping this year with this list of gift ideas for homemakers.
(Disclaimer: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. That means if you purchase a product through this link, I will receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. To see our full disclosure policy click here.)
Now, I have broken this list into sections, because not every homemaker is alike. We get stereotyped often, but we are all unique.
For example, my best friend is a star baker and loves to cook. She would love gifts from the foodie category, but she doesn’t know how to sew. So while kitchen things may be better for her, sewing things would be great for me.
So these categories should help you to determine which ideas would be suitable for your special homemaker.
Note that some of the items could be mentioned in multiple categories. I tried to mention each in only one category.
All homemakers need some self-care from time to time, even if we don’t realize it. Some of my favorite ideas include:
- Spa Gift Cards — this could be for a massage, facial, manicure, pedicure, etc.
- Face Masks — (this my favorite brand)
- Lovely scented Candles
- Aloe Infused Socks
- Essential Oil Diffuser
- Heating Pad — I could not get by without mine. It’s very large and much softer than any others I have used. It also has different heat patterns instead of just high, medium and low. It has settings where it will circulate through those for you!
- Sugar Scrubs — If she likes coffee get this one, it literally smells just like coffee.
- A skincare gift set from Origins, Tacha, Drunk Elephant or other clean skincare brands.
- A book that she’s been eyeing
- A gift card to ULTA/Sephora/Lush etc.
Note: Sephora has all their Clean products marked with a green “Clean at Sephora” marker on their site.
Eco-Friendly Gift Ideas
If the homemaker on your list is into environmentally friendly living, give these a try:
- Reusable Cotton Pads — to use in place of makeup wipes. They have worked for me just as good as cotton balls with my toner and even with nail polish remover.
- Makeup remover pads — you only use water with these and they really work like makeup remover wipes.
- Reusable Paper towels
- Insulated Water Bottle — If she doesn’t already have one of these, they make a great gift! I use mine 24-7.
- E-Cloths — for chemical-free cleaning.
- Glass Food Storage Containers
- Reusable Storage Bags
- Beeswax Food Wrap — This set is so cute!
- Soap Nuts
Gifts for the Foodie
I’m not a huge fan of cooking or baking, but even I would love some of these gift ideas.
- An Instapot
- Ninja Foodie Grill — this one is expensive but it is such an amazing gift. Update: we got this for Christmas from my MIL and we LOVE IT!
- USA Pans — or any other brand of cookware that your foodie loves.
- A Cute Apron — you could even make one yourself if you’re crafty
- Cast Iron Cookware
- Chainmail Scrubber — for their cast iron cookware. It looks like part of a knight’s armor. It’s made from lots of tiny rings joined together.
- Nice Wooden Rolling Pin or Cutting Board — you can find some special handcrafted pieces on Etsy.
- Kitchenaid Stand Mixer — If she makes a lot of cakes and homemade icing this is the one she needs (My friend has been through 3 of the regular ones in almost as many years making icing.)
- Attachments for her Kitchenaid
- Keurig — OR some of her favorite K-cups, gourmet coffee or add-ins.
- Gourmet Tea — If you’re not sure what kind to get, some good clean brands you can find at the grocery store include: Traditional Medicinals, Pukka, and Yogi.
- Tea Accessories — like a tea diffuser for loose tea, a new teacup, teapot, etc.
For the Crafter
- Sewing Machine — This is the one I use.
- Sewing Machine Cover
- Cover for her CriCut or Silhouette
- CriCut Easy Press — there’s also a mini now for use on hats, shoes and other small or curved surfaces.
- Quilting Templates
- Wood Working Tools
- Scroll Saw
- Jig Saw
- Kreg Jig System
- Mouse Sander
- Miter Saw
- Corner Clamp — make her life easier!
- Gift Card to Hobby Lobby, Joann’s, Micheal’s, Local Quilting/Fabric Shop, Lowes, Home Depot, or Harbor Freight.
Gadgets to Make Her Life Easier
- Robot Vacuum — lots of people like the Roomba, but I love my Ecovac
- Mopping Robot
- Smart Watch
- Bands for her Fitbit or Smart Watch
- Google Home or Alexa
- Accessories for the above-mentioned assistants
- Dyson Cordless Vacuum — I have the V8 Absolute, but would have been happy with the Animal. Even on hard floors, I don’t use the soft roller very often.
Hopefully, this list will help give you an idea of where to start to find the perfect gift for the homemaker on your list this year. Have any other good ideas? Gotten any good gifts already this year? Please let me know in the comments, I love hearing from y’all.
More posts you might like: Organizing vs. Decluttering (They’re not the same thing!) | Staying Frugal & Buying New Home Decor